The proposed increase would give the mayor $1,000 per month instead of the present $700 monthly compensation paycheck.
The salary is slightly higher than the average for south Davis cities, however, when compared to the population, the proposed increase would place Centerville, person-per-dollar, right in the center of the pack. Centerville has a population of 13,000.
Currently, only Farmington pays its mayor less.
According to Centerville documents compiled for study in May, other south Davis city mayors' monthly salaries and city populations are as follows:
- Bountiful -- $1,200, population 42,000;
- Farmington -- $650, population 13,000;
- Kaysville -- $875, population 20,351.
- Layton -- $1514.67, population 63,000;
- North Salt Lake -- $973.84, population 9,400;
- West Bountiful -- $900, population 5,000;
- Woods Cross -- $800, population 6,500.
Also on the docket with regards to the mayor and money is a proposed $100 auto allowance.
The city council will also consider extending the city's group health insurance plan to elected officials. This would be available at cost to the employees.