Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Crime Briefs: Cigarette in bed blamed for NSL apartment blaze
Sep 08, 2013 | 1079 views | 0 0 comments | 8 8 recommendations | email to a friend | print
NORTH SALT LAKE — Investigators have determined that a fire at a North Salt Lake apartment complex on Tuesday morning was caused by an unlit cigarette.

Occupants of the apartment where the fire started had a mattress on the balcony Monday night, and had the balcony enclosed in blankets, South Davis Metro Fire Agency Chief Jeff Bassett said.

Around midnight, they were on the balcony smoking and discarded their cigarettes into a bottle on the mattress and went to bed. Embers from the cigarette started the blaze, Basset said.

About 20 people were displaced and 12 units damaged in the blaze. A Davis County Sheriff’s deputy first saw the fire and started evacuating residents.
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Postings are not edited and are the responsibility of the author. You agree not to post comments that are abusive, threatening or obscene. Postings may be removed at the discretion of
Follow us on: