This easy to make Guacamole Bruschetta is the the perfect appetizer! It’s so simple to whip up and is healthy for you. Mmmmm!
1 tsp adobo seasoning
juice of ¼ lime
½ pint cherry tomatoes, quartered (you can use equal amount of chopped red tomatoes)
¼ red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley
salt to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
6 large sourdough bread slices, sliced ½ inch thick
4 large cloves of fresh garlic
Balsamic vinegar for drizzling
1. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Place under the broiler and broil until golden on one side. About 2-3 min. Rub the cloves of garlic on the toasted bread. The rough bread texture will grab some of the garlic.
2. Mash avocado. Add adobo seasoning and lime. Mix well. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl mix tomatoes, red onion, parsley, salt and olive oil.
4. To assemble: spread avocado mixture over the toast and top with tomato bruschetta.
5. Drizzle balsamic lightly over the assembled bruschetta and enjoy.
To prevent guacamole from going brown in the refrigerator, pour some water over the top. This prevents air from getting to the surface. Just simply pour off the water before using.
• Pinterest pinterest.com/oldtownspices
• Facebook facebook.com/oldtownspices
• YouTube www.youtube.com/oldtownspice (Watch Carol prepare her recipes)