CLEARFIELD — A fire that started in a recreational vehicle parked near a home in a Clearfield retirement community caused an estimated $250,000 damage and started a home ablaze.
The fire started at about 5:30 p.m. as a man was working on the engine compartment of an RV in a parking area. That lot is set aside for RVs, according to North Davis Fire District Capt. Chris Tremea.
Because of the proximity to other vehicles, the fire spread rapidly to two other RVs and a trailer, and then to a nearby home.
Crews kept damage to the home at 1660 E. 900 South to the exterior and to the ceiling, where they checked for fire in the attic. A woman who lives in the home was able to stay with relatives in the area, Tremea said.
Crews with the Environmental Health Division of the Davis County Health Department were on scene to remove some flammable liquid that had entered the storm drain, Tremea said.
Firefighters from Syracuse, Layton, Sunset, Roy, Clinton and Kaysville helped North Davis Fire District crews.
“It was an unfortunate incident,” Tremea said.
No one was injured in the fire.