Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Fire contained to one apartment
Jun 28, 2013 | 579 views | 0 0 comments | 22 22 recommendations | email to a friend | print

LAYTON  — A fire started in a kitchen was contained to a single apartment here, but caused about $14,000 in damage.

Layton fire crews were called to the Stonehedge Apartments, 225 N. Fairfield Road, at about 9:50 p.m. on Thursday, according to Layton Fire Department spokesman Doug Bitton.

Crews believe the fire started near the stove. Crews were able to contain it to the kitchen area, but there was smoke damage throughout the apartment. No one was at home when the fire started.

The fire caused the evacuation of 15 people from nearby apartments. They were allowed back into their homes overnight, Bitton said.

The blaze is under investigation, but is believed to have been an accident.

mwilliams@davisclipper.com

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Postings are not edited and are the responsibility of the author. You agree not to post comments that are abusive, threatening or obscene. Postings may be removed at the discretion of davisclipper.com
Follow us on: