Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Heating blanket causes blaze in S. Weber
Sep 09, 2013 | 679 views | 0 0 comments | 2 2 recommendations | email to a friend | print

SOUTH WEBER – A house fire apparently caused by an electrical heating blanket engulfed one room and all of its contents Friday morning, but no one was seriously injured.

“It was pretty scary,” said Chris Bradshaw, whose family was involved in the fire. “My son was asleep and using an electric blanket. Then he woke up and realized his bed was on fire and ran out of the room.”

Bradshaw, an advertising/sales representative at the Clipper, said his son, McKay Bradshaw, informed his mother and stepfather of the situation, and by then the entire room had caught fire.

The fire department was called, and as many as seven vehicles were at the scene of the fire.

According to the South Weber Fire Department, at least four fire engines were sent to the house, which arrived around 2:30 a.m. The Davis County Sheriff’s office had two police squads involved, one of which was a medical unit.

An ambulance was also sent to the house; however, no one was taken to the hospital.

“My son suffered from some smoke inhalation, but that was about it,” said Bradshaw. “Everyone else will be OK, but my daughter is still pretty scared about the whole thing.”

The fire department confirmed Friday afternoon that only the room and all the contents in it were destroyed, but no other structural damage was done to the home. The cost of the damages is unknown.

news@davisclipper.com

 

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Postings are not edited and are the responsibility of the author. You agree not to post comments that are abusive, threatening or obscene. Postings may be removed at the discretion of davisclipper.com
Follow us on: