Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
House fire burns bathroom
Oct 01, 2013 | 1034 views | 0 0 comments | 9 9 recommendations | email to a friend | print
BOUNTIFUL — Bountiful homeowners awoke to the smell of smoke about 1:20 a.m. Tuesday morning but escaped without injury.

Two people in the home, at 805 S. 350 West, saw the bathroom was on fire, ran from the home and called 911, South Davis Metro Fire Agency Chief Jeff Bassett said. They were not injured.

Firefighters were on scene within three minutes, the chief said.

Damage is estimated at $50,000. The house was declared temporarily uninhabitable and the homeowners are staying with family.

“There is quite a bit of fire damage to the hallway and bathroom,” Bassett said.  

“They were very lucky as they awoke to the smell of smoke,” Bassett said. “I want to stress the importance of smoke detectors.”

He said it’s especially timely during October’s observance of Fire Prevention Month.

“It’s a good time to remind people to have working smoke alarms in the home. It’s also a good time to change the batteries,” Bassett said.

The fire was contained to that home. It was extinguished in less than 30 minutes, he said.

Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Postings are not edited and are the responsibility of the author. You agree not to post comments that are abusive, threatening or obscene. Postings may be removed at the discretion of
Follow us on: