I’m writing this letter to help folks identify with the changes that have taken place in our great nation over the centuries. The United States of American was founded by a number of honest, devoted and dedicated patriots who wanted nothing but the very best for their families, their country and future generations. These courageous individuals gave their lives to keep our government for the people, by the people and a nation under God. What has been done to ensure these principals are maintained? Let’s see:
To start with, our government has allowed the removal of all items pertaining to God from all government buildings and schools, thus removing God from our children’s lives. They continue to allow filmmakers and video game developers to produce movies and games full of sex and violence for our children and grandchildren to watch and play. And yet everyone wonders why there are so many violent crimes and sex-related problems in our schools today. Wake up people! Our streets are not safe because everyone thinks that life is one big movie or video game.
Our elected officials have done nothing to stop the production of these films and games, knowing our children and future generations will pay the ultimate price. Our government continues to create their own version of the Constitution so they can manipulate their reasoning for the decisions being made.
They sell out the American people and the American way of life for the almighty dollar. They continue to manipulate the Constitution to benefit big business.
They need to remember that they swore on the Bible to be honest and forthright when making decisions that are best for our great nation. Like all of us, they too will have to answer to a higher power. Are the decisions they’re making in the best interest of our great nation and the people they represent or is it the money being passed under the table by big business that’s making the final decision? After all, the rich keep getting richer, the middle class is disappearing and the poor keep getting further in debt. Yet, our great government continues to propose taxes that will only affect the middle class and the poor.
What can we do?
1. Do away with all the loopholes for big business and the wealthy and propose a flat tax on all levels of income.
2. Reduce the pay scale on elected officials to that of the average worker, and let them pay for their own families’ medical insurance like the average Joe.
3. Limit terms of elected officials to two (like the presidency) to allow new ideas to be generated and reduce corruption in politics.
4. Move to a one-party system to eliminate the bickering and the waste of tax dollars.
5. Let your elected officials know that their job is to represent you, not to line their pockets with gratuities and bribes.
6. Tell government to stop worrying about the NRA, filmmakers and video game developers and do what’s best to protect the innocence of our children, grandchildren and future generations.