SALT LAKE CITY - Davis County residents, it’s time to get your geek on.
If you liked last year’s Salt Lake Comic Con, then you’ll love their FanXperience. Coming April 17-19 to the Salt Lake Convention Center. FanX will feature a ton more events and stars from BBC’s “Doctor Who,” HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” the hit movie “Star Trek Into Darkness” and more.
“We’re confident that FanX will be more popular than the inaugural Salt Lake Comic Con,” said Bryan Brandenburg, Salt Lake Comic Con Co-founder and VP of Marketing.
Though returning guest William Shatner was one of only a handful of really big names at last year’s Comic Con, the FanX roster is full of famous faces.
- Karen Gillan (Amy Pond in “Doctor Who,” Nebula in the upcoming film “Guardians of the Galaxy,”)
- Karl Urban (Dr. Leonard McCoy in the new “Star Trek” films, John Kennex in the TV series “Almost Human”)
- Edward James Olmos (William Adama in the new “Battlestar Galactica,”)
- Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell in “Game of Thrones,” Cressida in both parts of the upcoming “Hunger Games: Mockingjay”)
- Nathan Fillion (Malcom Reynolds in “Firefly,” Captain Hammer in the web series “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog,” Richard Castle in the TV series “Castle” and voice work in just about everything)
- Chandler Riggs and John Bernthal (Carl and Shane on the TV series “The Walking Dead”)
- James Marsters (Spike on the TV series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”)
- Jonathan Frakes (Riker), Michael Dorn (Worf), Brent Spiner (Data) and more from the TV series “Star Trek: The Next Generation.”
The "Star Trek: TNG" cast members will take part in the "Star Trek Ultimate Xperience," a special ticketed event set for April 17 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. William Shatner will serve as the Master of Ceremonies for the event.
Not all of the stars will attend all three days of FanX, so visit saltlakecomiccon.com/fanx-master-guest-schedule to make sure you don’t miss out on seeing all of your favorite names. Costs for photo/autograph opportunities have yet to be determined.
In addition to star-watching, FanX also includes three days of panels, costume contests, ghost hunting opportunities, film festivals, game tournaments and more.
Tickets cost $60 for all three days, with cheaper tickets available for those who just want to attend one of the three days. To purchase tickets or for more information, visit saltlakecomiccon.com/salt-lake-comic-con-fanx-tickets.