• Antelope Island State Park – Syracuse. Full Moon Hike: Meet at 8 p.m. at the Buffalo Point parking overlook for a half-mile hike to the top of Buffalo Point to watch the sunset and the moonrise. We will discuss aspects of both the sun and moon as we witness these breathtaking sights. Fine mesh head nets to repel gnats are recommended for this hike. Entrance fees apply. 801-721-9569.
• Antelope Island State Park – Syracuse, Annual Cowboy Poetry and Music Gathering: Join us to celebrate the West with music, poetry, wagon rides, children’s activities, food and more. Call 801-725-4866 or visit CowboyLegendsAI.com.
• Flag ceremony by Scottish-American Military Society, 7 p.m., Utah Pipe Band Bagpipe Concert, 7:10 p.m. Lake View Memorial Cemetery, 1610 Lakeview Drive, Bountiful.
• Veteran’s Program, 10 a.m., Kaysville Cemetery, 500 E. Crestwood Road.
• The Davis County Health Department is partnering with the Clearfield Aquatic Center for “Shake It Up Boomers” – A day of fitness for individuals 60+ years old. Try one or all of the following exercise classes/activities designed for individuals over 60 at no charge. Classes include 11a.m. Zumba Gold, noon SilverSneakers, and1 p.m. Cardio Floor & Weight Room Open House.
• Weber Basin Water Conservancy District Garden Fair, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. This free family event includes guided tours of the garden, products to learn about and buy, free hot dogs, drinks and cotton candy. There will be experts and vendors for all types of landscape and outdoor products with information for do-it-yourselfers. 2837 E. Highway 193, Layton. weberbasin.com/conservation.
• National Trails Day Celebration, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., D&RGW Rail Trail, Ellison Park Trailhead,750 N. Cold Creek Way, Layton. Events include geocaching, a scavenger hunt, games, several prizes and giveaways.
• Free Fish Day, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Andy Adams Community Fishery, 1800 E. Gordon Ave., Layton. Join Layton City Family Recreation at the one-year anniversary of the grand opening of the Andy Adams Community Fishery. Participate in free fishing (fishing limits and regulations still apply) and other event activities including fishing contests, fish fry demos and more.
• The annual “Junque” and Antique sale sponsored by the Bountiful Soroptimist Club and the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection, will be held June 7 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and June 8 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Episcopal Church, 1135 S. Main, Centerville. The proceeds from the sale benefit local Davis County charities. Donated items are welcome on Monday, June 3 through Thursday, June 6. Call 801-292-3683 to arrange a truck pick-up during that week.
• Davis County Library Central Branch, Layton, will host a mini book sale, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 155 N. Wasatch Dr., Layton.
Through June 14
• The Utah Watercolor Society Spring Open Exhibition will be hosted at Bountiful/Davis Art Center. The exhibit is located in the Davis County Memorial Courthouse, 28 East State Street, South Door, 2nd Floor. bdac.org. For more information, call 801 451-3660.
• Temple Square Concert Series, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall. Snow College Flute Choir. Admission is free but limited to those 8 and older.
• Temple Square Concert Series, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall. Josh Wright, Billboard number one artist performing a variety of favorites from musicals to classical to contemporary. Limited to those 8 and older.
• Free Concert in the Park, 7 p.m. Pizzicato Strings & Company is a youth violin group from Ogden under the direction of violinist/master teacher Peggy B. Wheelwright. This year’s program will “celebrate America” with well-loved classics including “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” a Beach Boys medley, Disco Fever, fiddle tunes, and an armed forces salute. Ed Kenley Amphitheatre, 445 N. Wasatch Dr., Layton.
• Concert in the Park, Pizzicato Strings & Company, performing popular music from the 1930s to the present. Brigham Young Historic Park, 8 p.m. Southeast corner of State Street and North Temple, Salt Lake City. All ages welcome.
June 24-July 20
• “Fiddler on the Roof,” CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. CenterPointTheatre.org.
1st and 3rd Wednesday
• A Davis County chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness family support group meets every first and third Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main Street, Bountiful. For more information, call Fran Wilby at 801-631-1275 or Jerry King at 801-451-5325.
• The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets each Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. at the Country Inn and Suites, 999 N. 500 West. Visitors welcome.
• Volunteers needed: Do you have a special talent or like teaching a small class? We need your time. Please come share your talents with our residents. Singers, dancers, musicians, bingo callers. All are welcome. Call to get on our calender. 1-801-824-1771.