Living Well with Chronic Conditions is a fun, interactive six week workshop to help you:
• Manage pain & fatigue
• Lessen depression & frustration
• Increase fitness & self-confidence
Other subjects covered include:
• Techniques for frustration & isolation
• Appropriate exercise to maintain & improve strength
• Appropriate use of medications & proper nutrition
• Communicating effectively with fam- ily, friends, & health professionals
• How to evaluate new treatments
Who Should Come?
Anyone with an ongoing condition such as asthma, arthritis, chronic joint pain, fibromyalgia, cancer, diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart failure, COPD or emphysema, depression, chronic pain or others. Family and friends of those with chronic conditions are also encouraged to attend.
Healthy snacks are provided, along with an incentive gift which is given at the last class for completing 4 out of 6 classes of the workshop.
There are four separate workshops starting up in January. Dates and locations are as follows:
• Monday, Jan. 9, 2:30-5 p.m. at Apple Tree Assisted Living Facility, 565 North 300 West, Kaysville
• Wednesday, Jan. 11, 10 a.m.-noon
at Legacy Village of Layton, 1205 North Fairfield Road, Layton (As sisted Living entrance)
• Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2:30-4:30 p.m. at Davis Hospital’s
Diabetes Care Center of Utah, 2132 N 1700 W, Ste B150, Layton(basement level of Bitner Medical Office Building)
• Friday, Jan. 13, 9-11 a.m. at North
Davis Senior Activity Center, 42 South State Street, Clearfield
This workshop is also available online for those who are not able to attend a workshop in person. For more information or to register for a workshop, call Jessica Hardcastle at 801-525-5087. Registration is required. Call today. Workshops fill up fast.