• Belly Dance Spring Fest: Utah State Fair Park, Promontory Building, 155 N. 1000 West. from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. $7 at the door, children under the age of 5 are free. Thia Kapos of Belly Dancing by Thia proudly brings you this event.
March 1, 8
• Join Rep. Becky Edwards at her home every Saturday morning for Bagels and Briefings, 10 to 11:30 a.m. Any questions, ideas and complaints are welcome.
March 3, 10
• Rep. Becky Edwards will host Family Night at the Capitol, 7 p.m. Begin a tour of the Capitol in the Rotunda, talk about our government and end with family night treats. Each Monday is limited to 20 families. Email email@example.com. to reserve your spot.
• Soroptimists of Bountiful is hosting a tea to recognize International Women’s Day with a display of period clothing accompanied by a short history of women’s suffrage by Bountiful resident Ellie Van Staagen Mitchell. The event is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection, 1131 S. Main, Centerville. The cost of the tea, which includes beverages, sandwiches and desserts, is $15 to be collected at the door. SI Bountiful welcomes all women to this event. For reservations, please phone Phyllis Robins at (801) 292-3683 or Gail Cheever at (801) 450-0701 by Feb. 28.
• Storytelling at the Thomas Whitaker Museum, 168 N. Main, Centerville, 7 p.m. Jane Anderson will talk about her book, “The Centerville Rock Mill.”
• Family History Night at the Library: “It’s All A Mystery,” 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Central Branch of Davis County Library, 155 N. Wasatch Drive, Layton. Free event, participate in games, book reading and other events.
• The Day of ‘47 Royalty Pagent will be held at the LDS Conference Center Theater. Applications must be received by April 1 at the Pioneer Memorial Museum, 300 N. Main, SLC, UT 84103. For information call 801-532-6479 ext. 200 or www.dupinternational.org. or www.daysof47.com.
• Temple Square Concert Series, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall. Rosco String Quartet, the official graduate string quartet of the University of Utah School of Music will perform.
• Each year for the last four years, the director of bands at Viewmont High School has commissioned a composer to write a brand new piece of music for them to premier. The concert this year will feature guest composer/conductor Dr. David Gillingham. The concert is at 7 p.m., Viewmont High School auditorium, $5. Tickets available at the high school or at the door one hour prior to the concert. The song Dr. Gillingham has written is titled, “The Song Shall Never End” in memory of Andrew Tolman, a trumpet player at VHS who passed away in an unfortunate accident in March of 2012 and would have graduated from Viewmont in the Spring of 2013.
• The Utah Music Teachers Association Concerto Winners Recital will be held at the Assembly Hall on Temple Square at 7:30 p.m. Performances by first-place winners, elementary through collegiate divisions, of the UMTA Concerto Competition.
• Davis Arts Chamber Music Series presents “Young Artists in Concert,” Kaysville Tabernacle, 198 W. Center, 7:30 p.m. davisarts.org. Free.
• Temple Square Chorale and Orchestra at Temple Square, conducted by Ryan T. Murphy, will perform at the Tabernacle, 7:30 p.m. Tickets required; for free tickets call 801-570-0080 or visit lds.org/events.
March 3-4, 6-8
• Viewmont High School presents “Fiddler on the Roof, 7 p.m., 120 W. 1000 North, Bountiful. Tickets available at Viewmont High School home page, www.davis.k12.ut.us/Domain/7745.
• “Sound of Music,” CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
Feb. 27, March 6
• Davis County Health Department’s Family Caregiver Support Program is offering a series of classes for individuals caring for family members who are older or frail. These classes are free to the public. Individuals may attend at any time during the series. The one-hour classes are offered at the Golden Years Senior Activity Center, 726 S. 100 East, Bountiful at 11:30 a.m. A light lunch will be provided at all of the classes but attendees must RSVP by calling Megan at 801-525-5088, by each Monday at noon.
* Feb. 27, topic, Matters of the Heart, presented by CJ Benson and Denise Cook of South Davis Home Health and Hospice.
* March 6, topic, How to Manage Stress and Balance Your Life, presented by Angela Shumway of Hospice Care of Northern Utah.
1st and 3rd Wednesday
• The Davis County chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) meets every first and third Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main St., Bountiful. Call Fran Wilby at 801-631-1275 or Jerry King at 801-451-5325.
• The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets at 7:30 a.m. at Country Inn and Suites, 999 N. 500 West, West Bountiful. Visitors welcome.
• The Davis County Amateur Radio Club meets the second Saturday of the month at the Davis County Sheriff’s office at 10 a.m. Web site www.dcarc.net.