July 17, 31
• Farmers Market, 875 S. 50 West, Kaysville, 5 to 8 p.m.
• Tour de France Viewing Party in downtown Salt Lake City for the community, The Gateway Megaplex Theatre. Doors open at 6 a.m. to be followed by the live broadcast of Stage 14 from the Tour de France on the theatre big screen. Admission is free. Gateway Megaplex Theatre, 165 South Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City 84101 (use Summer Parking).
• Bountiful Handcart Days Parade, 6 p.m. Beginning at 1500 S. Main and proceeds north to 400 North.
• Bountiful Historical Tours Bus Tours of Historic Bountiful. Hourly beginning 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tours leave from the Historic Willey Cabin north of City Hall starting at 9 a.m. and last approximately one hour each. Total of five tours. The Museum and the Willey Cabin will be open during the tours for visiting those facilities. Both are located on or near the City Campus. Approximately 800 S. Main.
• Bountiful Tabernacle Tours, Celebrating over 150 years of the Bountiful Tabernacle, 50 South Main. Tours take place starting at 9:30 a.m. and run every hour on the half hour. Each tour is approximately one hour. Last tour begins at 1:30 p.m. There will be a short DVD about the history of the Tabernacle playing in the cultural Hall for viewing until the next tour begins.
• Bountiful Memorial Park (Cemetery) Tours. Join a walking tour highlighting several Bountiful pioneers at 2224 S. 200 West, Bountiful. Tours begin at 6:30 p.m. and include individual presentations at various pioneer graves telling the story of early Bountiful pioneers. Each tour is approximately 15 minutes. Tours end at 8:30 p.m. This year early pioneer men and women who helped to build Bountiful will be highlighted.
• Family First Monday Event, sponsored by Macaroni Kid, a non-profit dedicated to delivering the latest on all the family-friendly events and activities in Davis County. Super Hero Horseplay is the theme for the event, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Farmington Station Park, 320 N. Station Parkway, Farmington. shopatstationpark.com/play. 801-923-9111
• Storytelling at the Centerville Whitaker Museum features Lucille East and Rhoda Rigby Mason will share stories of early Centerville including Grandma & Kids Company. 168 N. Main, Centerville, Margot, 801-797-9916.
• Cruise Night, Station Park, 320 N. Station Parkway, Farmington, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• The South Davis Chapter of AARP will meet at 12:30 p.m. at the Golden Years Center, 726 S. 100 East, Bountiful. The speaker will be Adam Yates, as superintendent at the Rio Tinto Smelter. Visitors are welcome.
• Bountiful High School Class of 1974 40th reunion:
Picnic, Friday, Aug. 15, 6 p.m. Bring own dinner, dessert, drinks provided. Bountiful City Park, 200 W. 400 N., Carolyn Bright Luckau email@example.com.
Golf, noon, Aug. 16, Bountiful Ridge Golf Course. Contact Paul Folsom, firstname.lastname@example.org. to reserve your spot.
Reunion, Aug. 16, 7 to 11 p.m., Oakridge Country Club.
• Senator Todd Weiler Talks Hot Topics: Legislative Plans Affecting Current Davis County Issues, 7 p.m., South Branch Library, 725 S. Main, Bountiful. Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Davis County.
Through Aug. 29
• Bountiful/Davis Art Center presents: Nothing Flat, Bountiful/Davis Art Center is located at 28 East State Street, South Door, 2nd Floor, Farmington. 801 451-3660 or visit us online at www.bdac.org email: email@example.com.
• Bountiful Concert in the Park features Patriotic Concert with Utah Voices and 23rd Army Band, 7 p.m., 400 N. 200 West, Bountiful. Please bring a donation for the Bountiful Food Pantry.
• Eclipse will perform at 8 p.m. at the Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, presented by the Davis Arts Council, 801-546-8575, www.davisarts.org.
• Sunday Concert Series, 7 p.m., Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park. Free. Broadway Around The World featuring Jamie Balaich, Nick Balaich, Trissy Bawdin, Doug Caldwell, Blaine Hickman, Lindsay Hickman, Jana Plowman, Lori Rees, Jason Taylor, Melinda Taylor, Todd Wangsgard, and Jana Wangsgard.
• Free Concert in the Park, 7:30 p.m. Trevor and Sharon Hopkins, variety show by husband and wife vocal duo, will perform. Brigham Young Historic Park, State Street and 2nd Avenue, Salt Lake City.
• Riders in the Sky from Nashville, will perform at the Ed Kenley Amphitheater, 7 p.m., gates open at 6 p.m. Free. A concert for all ages.
• Free Concert in the Park, 7:30 p.m. Wasatch & District Pipe award winning bagpipers, drummers and dancers, will perform. Brigham Young Historic Park, State Street and 2nd Avenue, Salt Lake City.
• Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone, will perform at 8 p.m. at the Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, presented by the Davis Arts Council, 801-546-8575, davisarts.org.
• Bountiful Concert in the Park features Red Desert Ramblers, country/bluegrass, 7 p.m., 400 N. 200 West, Bountiful. Please bring a donation for the Bountiful Food Pantry.
• Capoeira, Brazilian martial arts, at Red Butte Garden, free with regular admission. Performances at 6 and 7 p.m. redbuttegarden.org/monday-family-night.
June 23-July 19
• “Children of Eden,” CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
Aug. 11-Sept. 6
• “Peter Pan,” CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
• The Small Business Development Center at WSU presents “Start Smart: Business Start-Up Seminar,” a two-hour single session workshop designed to help entrepreneurs understand the basics to start a business, 10 a.m. to noon, WSU Davis, free, register at clients.utahsbdc.org.
• Free lunch and financial workshop, 11:30 a.m., Robintinos, 1385 S. 500 West, Bountiful. Seating limited call 801-298-3241 for reservations. Heritage Place Blue Harbor Senior Living.
First and Third Wednesday
• The Davis County chapter, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) meets first and third Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. at Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main, Bountiful. Call Fran Wilby, 801-631-1275 or Jerry King, 801-451-5325.
• The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets at 7:30 a.m. at Country Inn and Suites, 999 N. 500 West, West Bountiful. Visitors welcome.
• The Davis County Amateur Radio Club meets the second Saturday of the month at the Davis County Sheriff’s office at 10 a.m. website is dcarc.net.
• A group of friends meet to give support, acceptance and emotional recovery from the features of borderline personality disorder, 600 E. 600 South, Ogden, noon to 1 p.m. beginning July 7. Ages 12 and up. Penny @ 801-393-2342. (Not to replace therapy or meds).