Here’s our notes from a quick review of our calendar page. Read more in the Sept. 27 issue of the Clipper.
Fielding Garr Ranch Antelope Island State Park - Syracuse
· Cowboy Poetry Series: Come from 3 to 4 p.m. for a fun filled experience with the Cowboy Poetry Series featuring renowned poets The Urry Family, Bob Urry, Lane Urry and Kortnee Urry Johnson. (801) 649-5742.
· Saint Olaf Catholic Church and School Second Annual Oktoberfest will be held at the church grounds, 1800 S. Orchard Drive, Bountiful, from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Events include a Harvest Market Place, kids games and concessions, pony rides, a variety of ethnic foods, bingo, and a wine and beer garden for the adults. This year will feature a car show. Only cash and checks accepted. Admission is free.
· Weber Basin Water Conservancy District will hold a public Garden Fair and open house at its “Water Conservation Learning Garden” from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Learning Garden is free to the public and open year round. It features displays and material to educate homeowners how to successfully have beautiful landscapes while minimizing the water needed to maintain them. The free family event includes guided tours of the garden, landscape and related products, free hot dogs, drinks and cotton candy. At this fair, there will also be a native plant class (9 a.m.), a landscape design class (10:15 a.m.), and a perennials class (11:30 a.m). All classes are free. There will be kids craft activities from 9 a.m. to noon. 2837 E. Highway 193, Layton, 801-771-1677, weberbasin.com.
· Pioneer Theatre Company proudly presents “In the Heights,” winner of the 2008 Tony Award for Best Musical and Best Score and finalist for the 2009 Pulitzer Prize for Drama. Pioneer Memorial Theatre, University of Utah, 300 S. 1400 East in Salt Lake City. For tickets and more information, visitpioneertheatre.org.
· Halloween Candy making class, 12:30 p.m., For Your Kitchen, 772 E. 700 South, Suite A, Clearfield, 801-866-1111. $20.
Submit calendar events from your neighborhood or organization at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.