• “Jews Rock” Exhibit, a celebration of Rock and Roll’s Jewish heritage reveals and celebrates the influence of Jewish talent in the exciting world of rock and roll., 7-9 p.m., I.J. and Jeanne Wagner Jewish Community Center, 2 North Medical Drive, 2nd floor landing, SLC. Free and open to everyone. Light refreshments will be served.
• The Davis County Library System will host a fall mini-book sale at the South Branch, 725 S. Main, Bountiful, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Come early for best selection of books and other materials. Prices will be $1 for hardbacks and 25 cents for paperbacks. DVDs and VHS tapes along with books on CD and tape will also be for sale. For more information or for accommodations for patrons with special needs call the Davis County Library at 801-295-8732 or 801-451-2322.
• Animal lovers are invited to register for the Squatters Chasing Tail 5K Fun Run at Wheeler Farm as a fundraiser for Therapy Animals of Utah (TAU). 9 a.m. Early registration is $20 and can be done online at therapyanimalsutah.org until Nov. 1, 5 p.m. $25 registration on day of race at Wheeler Farm, 6351 S. 900 E., SLC.
• “Yo Gabba Gabba: There’s a Party In My City!” is coming to the Maverik Center in West Valley at 2 p.m. DJ Lance Rock and the rest of the cast will be coming to dance and sing with local kids. Tickets are available online at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Davis County Health Department Prescription Assistance Program offers help with the process of accessing the prescription assistance programs, $20 set up fee and $5 per prescription per quarter fee, 5 p.m., North Davis Branch Library, 565 S. 1000 E., Clearfield. Joann 801-451-3433 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Students of Spy Hop Productions’ most advanced filmmaking workshop will showcase their films, Rock Is In The Air, Streeters, The Silhouettes, and Rx, at a public premiere rom 7:30–9:30 p.m. at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available online at www.arttix.org, all ArtTix office locations, or by calling (801) 355-ARTS.
• The first of four Utah State Poetry Society workshops (free and open to members and the public) is scheduled from 10 a.m. to noon at the Bountiful/Davis Art Center, 745 South Main in Bountiful. The presenter will be Lara Candland, poet, college teacher, and librettist. Her latest book was just released: “Alburnum of the Green and Living Tree.” The subject of her workshop will be “From prose to the lyric poem.” The UTSPS workshops are supported by the Utah Arts Council, with funding from the State of Utah and the National Endowment for the Arts.
• Davis County Health Department Prescription Assistance Program offers help with the process of accessing the prescription assistance programs, $20 set up fee and $5 per prescription per quarter fee, 5 p.m., South Davis Branch Library, 725 S. Main, Bountiful. Joann 801-451-3433 or email@example.com
• Christmas Nativity Celebration, Kaysville Tabernacle, 198 W. Center. Free admission. Large world tour nativity display, concerts, art display, artifacts of the 1800s, military uniforms and memories, children’s activities, hands-on live nativity. Nov. 26, 2-9 p.m.; Nov. 27, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Temple Square Concert Series, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall. The Salt Lake Symphonic Choir, a community choir, will present a diverse program of spirituals, folk songs, hymns, and show tunes. The concert is open to ages eight and older.
• Temple Square Concert Series. Pianist Hilary Demske will present a concert in the Assembly Hall at 7:30 p.m. The concert is open to ages eight and older.
• The Bells on Temple Square will present a Christmas
concert titled “Christmas Bells!” Tickets are required for this event. For ticket information call 1-801-570-0080 or visit lds.org/events.
•Bar J Wranglers Holiday Western Music Show will be performed at Woods Cross High. General Admission tickets available at Winegars, 3371 S. Orchard Dr.; Bountiful City, 790 S. 100 E.; Dicks Market, 2280 S. Orchard Dr., Bountiful. Reserved seating, Davis County Clipper, 1370 S. 500 W., Bountiful.
• Rodgers Memorial Theatre presents Clue. The theater is at 292 E. Pages Lane, Centerville. For tickets and more information, please call 801-298-1302.
• The Rodgers Academy will be performing the classic Shakespearean comedies “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and “As You Like It” on the Rodgers Memorial Theatre stage. Shows will be Nov. 4-5 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 6 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Call Rodgers at 801-298-1302 for tickets and schedule of plays.
Nov. 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15
• Bountiful High School presents “Crazy for You” The New Gershwin Musical. BHS auditorium, 7 p.m. Nov. 13 performance also at 2 p.m. Tickets $5 in advance, $8 at the door; $25 family pass. Advance tickets available at Top Hat Video & DVD and the BHS Business Office. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org Memorable Gershwin tunes include I Can’t Be Bothered Now, Bidin’ My Time, I Got Rhythm, Naughty Baby, They Can’t Take That Away from Me, But Not for Me, Nice Work if You Can Get It, Embraceable You and Someone to Watch Over Me.
Oct. 6-Nov. 27
•Hale Center Theatre will premier “The Drowsy Chaperone.” Performances are M-S, 7:30 p.m., www.halecentertheatre.org or (801) 984-9000, Hale Centre Theatre box office, 3333 S. Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City.
Oct. 22-Nov. 6
• Pioneer Theatre Company presents Bram Stokers Dracula, M-Th, 7:30 p.m., F-S, 8 p.m., 300 South 1400 East, SLC.
Nov. 26-Dec. 23
• Rodgers Memorial Theatre presents Madison Square Garden’s Christmas Carol. The theater is at 292 E. Pages Lane, Centerville. For tickets and more information, please call 801-298-1302.
Oct. 7-Nov. 18
• Stepfamily Education Classes. Free educational program focusing on issues unique to stepfamily relationships. Family Connection Center, 1360 E. 1450 S., Clearfield, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Call Nancie at 801-821-1514 or 801-771-4642 to register.
• For classes, prices and registration go to www.farmington.utah.gov, 801-451-0953.
• Recovery meeting every Friday, 2-4 p.m., Centerville Library auditorium, for people with depression or other mental issues. The meeting is free, and anyone who is interested is welcome.
• The Bountiful Community Service Council, a volunteer group sponsored by Bountiful City, meets the second Saturday of the month at 8 a.m. in the Bountiful City Planning Room, 790 S. 100 E., Bountiful. Richard Watson, 801-540-3146.
• Davis County Amateur Radio Club meets the second Saturday of the month, Davis County Justice, Complex, Farmington. 10 a.m. Visit DCARC website at www.DCARC.net
The Bountiful chapter of the League of Utah Writers meets at 7 p.m. at the Bountiful/Davis Art Center, 801-444-3636.
The local Toastmasters Club meets every Wednesday night, 7-8 p.m. at the Deseret First Credit Union Building, second floor. Come observe.
The Rhyme and Reason Chapter of the Utah State Poetry Society meets at 7 p.m. at the Bountiful/Davis Arts Center 745 South Main, Bountiful. Visitors/new members welcome. Enter south door. Jane 292-9596, ww.utahpoets.com.
The Centerville-Farmington Rotary Club meets every Thursday at 6:50 a.m., Centerville City Hall. 50 N. Main. Guests welcome.
The Bountiful Exchange Club meets every Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. at Country Inn and Suites in West Bountiful.
Utah Share, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group, 7:30-9 p.m., Davis Hospital. 544-1159.