This class is a workshop given two hours, once a week, for six weeks, in community settings. People with different chronic health problems all attend together. Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders; one or both are non-health professionals with a chronic disease themselves.
Subjects covered include:
• Techniques for frustration, fatigue, pain, and isolation
• Appropriate exercise to maintain and improve strength
• Appropriate use of medications and proper nutrition
• Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
• How to evaluate new treatments
Who Should Come?
Anyone with an ongoing condition such as asthma, arthritis, chronic joint pain, fibromyalgia, cancer, diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart failure, COPD or emphysema, depression, chronic pain or others. Family and friends of those that have ongoing health conditions are encouraged to attend.
Workshops are being held in Bountiful and Layton. Registration is required. For more information, call Jessica Hardcastle at 801-525-5087.