Utah State University Davis County Extension has scheduled classes to help transition people in that mind set.
• Winter Adventure, Feb. 4, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the USU Botanical Center Utah House, here.
• Plant Propagation 1,2,3, Feb. 5, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., USU Botanical Center Greenhouse, here.
• De-cluttering Your House and Green Cleaning, Feb. 5, 11 a.m. to noon, USU Botanical Center Utah House.
• NEWI Sustainable Living Discussion Course, Thursdays, Feb. 22-March 29, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., USU Botanical Center Utah House.
• Fruit Pruning Demonstrations, March 5, March 12 and March 19, 9 a.m. to noon, call for directions at 801-451-3403.
• Backyard Chickens, March 19, 11 a.m. to noon, USU Botanical Center Utah House.
• Landscape Plants Pruning Demonstration, March 26, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Ogden Botanical Gardens.
For more information or to register, call 801-451-3403 or visit www.extension.usu.edu/htm/horticulture.