Living Well with Chronic Conditions is a fun, interactive six week workshop to help you:
• Manage pain and fatigue
• Lessen depression and frustration
• Increase fitness and self-confidence
Other subjects covered include:
• Techniques for frustration and isolation
• Appropriate exercise to maintain and improve strength
• Appropriate use of medications and proper nutrition
• Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
• How to evaluate new treatments
Who Should Come? Anyone with an ongoing condition such as asthma, arthritis, chronic joint pain, fibromyalgia, cancer, diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart failure, COPD or emphysema, depression, chronic pain, or others. Family and friends of those with chronic conditions also are encouraged to attend.
Healthy snacks are provided, along with an incentive gift which is given at the last class for completing 4 out of 6 classes of the workshop.
The next workshop will be held Friday, May 6, from 10 a.m. - noon at Davis Hospital’s Diabetes Care Center of Utah, 2132 N 1700 W, Ste B150, Layton (basement level of Bitner Medical Office Building). For more information or to register for the workshop, call Jessica Hardcastle at 801-525-5087. Registration is required. Call today. Workshop fills up fast.
Discover you can control your health and your life!