Questions for Joe Johnson and Tom Hardy regarding new recreation center
1. Why was the bond issue not put on November general election?
2. Should cities compete with private enterprise?
3. Why did Farmington opt out?
4. Why did majority in West Bountiful and North Salt Lake vote no?
5. Why has no money been set aside during the past ten years after the present center was paid off?
6. Why destroy the armory?
7. Are three gyms needed?
8. Will there be a jogging fee?
9. What kind of discount will seniors receive?
10. Will the project be promoted at the up-coming Christmas parade?
11. Are climbing walls necessary?
12. Why are city employees afraid of Tom Hardy?
North Salt Lake
Editor's note: The cities are avoiding competition with private enterprise by striking a cooperative agreement with local fitness providers. Farmington opted out because its leaders felt too few residents would participate due to the distance to the new center. Answers to a number of other questions can be found in Clipper articles dated July 1 and July 6, 2004.