The LDS Church ordered a Stake President's Office be built near the center of the stake population, so it was built north on Main Street in Farmington on the southwest corner of the old tithing lot. James H. Robinson was bishop of the Farmington LDS Ward and asked to supervise the building of the Stake President's Office in 1907.
After the North and South Davis Stakes were formed in 1915, the South Davis Stake Presidency set up headquarters in Bountiful, and the Farmington office was put up for sale. Farmington City purchased the property, and the city offices were moved from the top floor of the county courthouse into the old stake house, which then became Farmington City Hall in 1917. Part of the building was converted into a library, and the Volunteer Fire Department used an east bay for storage of fire-fighting equipment.
In August of 1970, Farmington City offices were moved into a new building, and the Farmington Lions Club leased the old city hall. In 2001, Farmington City reclaimed the building, and after a necessary remodeling project was completed, the Farmington Historical Museum opened July 9, 2004.
The celebration will be Saturday, Sept. 15, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Farmington Historical Museum, located at 110 N. Main St. Birthday treats and drawings for special gifts will be provided.