The one hour classes are offered at two different locations. On Tuesdays starting Sept. 20, classes will be held at the Legacy Village Assisted Living Center (1201 N. Fairfield Rd, Layton) at noon. On Fridays starting Sept. 23, classes will be held at the Golden Years Senior Activity Center (726 S. 100 E., Bountiful) at 11:30 a.m. A complimentary lunch is provided at each class but an RSVP by each Monday at noon is required to receive a meal. No reservation is required to attend the class only.
Classes end Tuesday, Nov. 15, or Friday, Nov. 18.
For more information or to RSVP for lunch, please contact Megan Forbush at (801) 525-5088.
Davis County Senior Services thanks the following agencies for sponsoring these classes: Legacy Village Assisted Living Center, Golden Years Senior Activity Center, Legacy HealthCare, Applegate HomeCare and Hospice, South Davis Home Health and Hospice, Apple Tree Assisted Living Center, Tri County Independent Living Center, Right At Home, and Avalon Cosmetology School.
Class schedule is:
• Sept. 20 and 23: “How to Pay for Long Term Care” – Jared Nye, Legacy Village Assisted Living Center
• Sept. 27 and 30: “Creating Boundaries” – Keith Gordon, Legacy HealthCare
• Oct. 4 and 7: “Stress” – Natalie Sloot, Applegate HomeCare and Hospice
• Oct. 11 and 14: “Positive Ways to Overcome Trials” – CJ Benson and Denise Cook, South Davis Home Health and Hospice
• Oct. 18 and 21: “Caregiver Burnout” – Teresa Strickler, Apple Tree Assisted Living Center
• Oct. 25 and 28: “Assistive Devices” – Andy Curry, Tri County Independent Living Center
• Nov. 1 and 4: “A Window into the World of
Alzheimer’s and Dementia” – Art Smith, Right At Home
• Nov. 8 and 11: Week of Veterans Day – No classes
• Nov. 15 and 18: “Caregiver Rejuvenation” – Avalon Cosmetology School