Medicare subscribers (those using traditional Medicare, private Medicare Advantage, prescription drug and Medigap/Supplemental plans) are allowed each year to make changes to their coverage. This year’s enrollment period begins and ends earlier than in previous years.
Review your Advantage Plans as well as your Part D (prescription drug) yearly as costs and covered services may change. Annual notices of plan changes should have arrived by late September.
Davis County Medicare counselors are available by appointment only. Call location for availability:
• Autumn Glow Senior Activity Center – 81 E. Center Street, Kaysville, 801-544-1235
Tuesdays: Oct. 18, Nov. 1, 15, 29
Thursdays: Oct. 27, Nov. 10
• Golden Years Senior Activity Center – 726 South 100 East, Bountiful, 801-295-3479
Tuesdays: Oct. 25, Nov. 8, 22
Thursdays: Oct. 20, Nov. 3, 17, Dec. 1
• Davis County Health Department – 22 S. State Street, Clearfield, 801-525-5069
Every Wednesday, Oct. 19-Dec. 7
Monday, Dec. 5, and Tuesday, Dec. 6
Beat ongoing health condition
Davis County Health Department’s Senior Services teams up with Lakeview Hospital to promote the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program called Living Well with Chronic Conditions.
The next workshop is Tuesday, Oct. 11, 9:30-11:30 a.m., at Lakeview Hospital, 630 East Medical Drive, Bountiful (held in boardroom on first floor of main hospital entrance, across from pharmacy). Registration is required. Call Jessica Hardcastle at 801-525-5087.
Davis County Health Department’s Family Caregiver Support Program continues its eight week series of classes for individuals who care for family members that are older and/or frail.
On Tuesdays, the one-hour classes are held at the Legacy Village Assisted Living Center (1201 N. Fairfield Rd, Layton) at noon. On Fridays, the classes are at the Golden Years Senior Activity Center (726 S. 100 E., Bountiful) at 11:30 a.m. A complimentary lunch is provided at each class but an RSVP to Megan Forbush at 801-525-5088 by noon each Monday is required to receive a meal. No reservation needed to attend class only.
• Oct. 4 and 7: “Stress” – Natalie Sloot, Applegate HomeCare and Hospice
• Oct. 11 and 14: “Positive Ways to Overcome Tri- als”– CJ Benson and Denise Cook, South Davis Home Health and Hospice
• Oct. 18 and 21: “Caregiver Burnout” – Teresa Strick- ler, Apple Tree Assisted Living Center
• Oct. 25 and 28: “Assistive Devices” – Andy Curry, Tri- County Independent Living Center