Chill is in the air, but there are plenty of activities both indoors and outdoors to keep you busy in and around Davis County. Below is a sampling of the best events from our weekly calendar.
Friday, Oct. 5
· Return of the Meads at the Hive Winery in Layton at 1220 W. Jack D Drive, Suite 2. Beginning at 1:30 p.m., taste the new dry, off-dry, semi-sweet and sweet meads at the winery. Discounts available on sampler cases.
· The WSU Alumni Association will host an Alumni Night Tailgate for alumni and the general public featuring great food and a ticket to the game, 5 p.m., Stewart Stadium northwest corner, $5 adults or spouses/$3 kids/free for Alumni Association members, 801-626-7536.
· Odyssey Dance Theatre's Halloween Spectacular Thriller in the Odyssey Dance Theatre at Val A. Browning Center for the Performing Arts, 7:30 p.m. Numbers include Thriller, The Curse of the Mummy, Frankenseitn, the River of Blood and more. $23-$28. Also showing Saturday.
· Harmons 1st Fall Art Festival, Station Park, Farmington. Enjoy local art and crafts, holiday treats, a car show, and live music and entertainment. Free.
Saturday, Oct. 6
· Fall Extravaganza, North Canyon Care Center, 350 S. 400 E., Bountiful, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Games, prizes, bouncy house and obstacle course, good food, fun for the whole family. Free admission.
· Valerie Sagers Phillips, author of “Soup’s On!” will be at the Deseret Book, 754 N. Main Street, Layton, 4-5:30 p.m. and at Deseret Book, 135 N. 545 W., West Bountiful, 6-8 p.m.
· The Northern Wasatch Association of Realtors is sponsoring its annual Family Fun Fundraiser for its Have A Heart Foundation at Black Island Farms in Syracuse from 2 to 8 p.m. Tickets for entry into Black Island Farms and the Have A Heart fundraiser are $10 for adults and children which include entry for a chili and hot dog dinner, hay ride, corn maze, bonfire, pig races, kiddie train, super slides, corn box and pick-a-pumpkin activities. The Have A Heart organization will also offer doughnuts, hot chocolate, balloon animals and face painting. Black Island Farms is located at 3178 South 3000 West in Syracuse and directions can be viewed at.blackislandfarms.com.
· WSU Davis will host a note-taking workshop, 10 a.m., WSU Davis Room 106 (2750 N. University Park Blvd., Layton), free, email@example.com or 801-395-3460.
· Death by Chocolate” Mystery Theater and Dinner at Bountiful Community Church, 7 p.m., $15. Tickets available at church office or from members of the cast.
· Foundations exhibit featuring local artists. Presented by Bountiful/Davis Art Center at Bountiful/Davis Art Center. This will be the last regular exhibit before the center moves to a new location. Open 2 to 5 p.m.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
· Free off-Leash Dog Park at south end of Davis County Fairgrounds. Park in the lot off of 1100 West and leash your dog enroute to park. Open dawn to dusk.