BY MARK FALDMO, JR.
Planning the perfect vacation can be a large undertaking. There is so much involved in planning a vacation that many vacationers don’t get what they expect. One way to help plan that dream getaway is by using a travel agent who has the knowledge and expertise in planning and arranging vacations.
1. Customer advocacy: If you have a problem with a particular part of your travel experience, the agent is there to act on your behalf to see that restitution is made.
2. Expert guidance: Travel agents, unlike instructions on a Web page, are experts in understanding and deciphering the myriad of travel information and codes out there. It’s what they’ve been trained to do and they do it every day.
3. Time: Instead of checking a long list of travel Web pages, which only provide rates and fares for the companies that have contracted with them, why not go straight to the source? A travel agent has all the information at their fingertips.
4. Value: Travel professionals have access to online deals, as well as many consolidators that only work with travel agencies. A travel agent will help you find the best products that provide you value.
5. First-hand experience: Many travel professionals have been to where you want to go and give you the inside-scoop on what to do and when to do it. Look for a travel professional that is an expert in your chosen destination or type of travel.
- Points from ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents)