- Roots Tech Conference, Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City. Getting started passes start at $19. Pre-register for free family discovery day. For information email firstname.lastname@example.org. or rootstech.org.
- Fifth annual Daddy Daughter Dance, 7:30-9:30 p.m., Kaysville Recreation Center, 85 E. 100 North, $20 tickets (per dad/daughter), $5 for additional daughter. Enjoy an evening of dancing to music from the 70s through current hits under a dazzling strobe light with your daughter. Get your face painted and your picture taken by the photographer. Teen Kaysville Idol Winner Cody Wilson will serenade with a few songs. Light refreshments will also be served. Best dress attire. Register early at www.kaysvillerec.com.
- The Davis County Library System will host a “Love of Reading” book sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., North Branch, 562 S. 1000 East, Clearfield.
Through Feb. 14
- Bountiful/Davis Art Center will host a new exhibit highlighting interesting people and places in oil, watercolor, photography, and mixed media. Bountiful/Davis Art Center is located at 28 East State Street, South Door, 2nd floor in Farmington.
- The American West Heritage Center will offer a special dinner for two prepared by Elements Restaurant, followed by a vaudeville- style program of magic and music in the opera house. Wagon rides to and from the venue and historically attired staff will be a part of the evening. For tickets and information call 435-245-6050.
- League of Women Voters of Davis County invites the public to a workshop, “How to Communicate Successfully with Your Legislators.” 12:30-2:30 p.m., South Davis Library, 725 S. Main St., Bountiful. For more information, call Kathy Stockel, 801 651-6096.
- The WSU Department of Performing Arts presents the Jazz Ensemble featuring student musician Spencer Howe, 7:30 p.m., Val A. Browning Center Allred Theater, $7/$6, weberstatetickets.com, 801-626-6431 or email@example.com.
- BYU International Folk Dance Ensemble, 2 p.m. (matinee), 7:30 p.m. Conference Center Theatre. For tickets call 801-570-0080 or visit lds.org/events.
- BYU Ballroom Dance Company, Friday, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8, 2 p.m. (matinee), 7:30 p.m. Conference Center Theatre. For tickets call 801-570-0080 or visit lds.org/events.
- Vocal Point, 7:30 p.m., Conference Center Theatre. For tickets call 801-570-0080 or visit lds.org/events.
- BYU Young Ambassadors, Feb. 14, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, February 15, 2 p.m. (matinee), 7:30 p.m. Conference Center Theatre.For tickets call 801-570-0080 or visit lds.org/events.
- Davis Arts Chamber Music Series presents “Music for Lovers,” Kaysville Tabernacle, 198 W. Center, 7:30 p.m. davisarts.org. Free.
- BYU Contemporary Dance Theatre, 7:30 p.m. Conference Center Theatre. For tickets call 801-570-0080 or visit lds.org/events.
Jan. 13-Feb. 8
- “Forever Plaid,” CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
Through Feb. 18
- Davis School District Community Education program “Iridology” class, 7-9 p.m., Woods Cross High School, room 409, Nancy Coons, instructor.
- CHADD of Utah, in collaboration with Davis School District invites parents and educators to attend “Good Days Are When Bad Things Don’t Happen,” re-thinking the care and treatment of children with developmental problems. Presented by Dr. Sam Goldstein, Ph.D. 7-9 p.m., Bountiful High School, 695 S. Orchard Drive.
1st and 3rd Wednesday
- The Davis County chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) family meets every first and third Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main Street, Bountiful. Call Fran Wilby at 801-631-1275 or Jerry King at 801-451-5325.
- The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets each Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. at the Country Inn and Suites, 999 N. 500 West, West Bountiful. Visitors are welcome.
- The Davis County Amateur Radio Club meets the the second Saturday of the month at the Davis County Sheriff’s office at 10 a.m. Web site www.dcarc.net.