SYRACUSE — Now that warmer weather is here Antelope Island has lots of activities.
Everything from a geology hike to tour of Fielding Garr Ranch are planned. Here’s a brief rundown of upcoming events:
• Evening Geology Hike: Lake Bonneville, Friday, May 9, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Meet the park naturalist at 6:30 p.m. for a 2.5 mile one-way, five miles round trip hike along the Lakeside Trail. There will be a discussion of the history of Lake Bonneville, the granddaddy of the Great Salt Lake.
• Guided Ranch Tours are planned for Saturday May 10, 11 a.m.-Noon and 2-3 p.m. The FIelding Garr Ranch curator will guide the tour. See the ranch site from the original ranch house, shearing barns and corrals.
• Haunted Ranch? will be explored Friday, May 16, 9-11 p.m. FInd out if the ranch is haunted. Meet at the ranch at 9 p.m. and wonder through the buildings looking for evidence of visitors from beyond the grave.
• 9th annual Cowboy Legends Cowboy Poetry and Music Gathering, Friday, May 23, 5 p.m., to Monday, May 26, Memorial Day, to 8 p.m.The gathering is at the ranch.
• What’s With All Those Bugs: Insects of Antelope Island, Saturday, May 24, 11 a.m.-Noon. One of the most common observations about the island in the spring involves the many insects found there. Join the park naturalist at 11 a.m. and at 2 p.m. in the visitor center.
For more information, visit stateparks.utah.gov/park/antelope-island-state-park/events.