June 10-July 10
• Davis County Library Summer Reading 2014 “Fizz! Boom! Read!” Interactive family events and online exploration! From constructing sci-fi landscapes or rediscovering reptiles, there’s a program for you. If you can’t make it to one of the programs, go online to discover at home. daviscounty.gov/library.
• Cruise Night, Station Park, 320 N. Station Parkway, Farmington, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Friends of the Davis County Children’s Justice Center
Annual Golf Tournament, Schneiter’s Bluff Golf Course, 300 N. 3500 West, West Point. 6:30 a.m. check-in, breakfast; 7 a.m. Shot Gun Start; 12:30 p.m. luncheon. Registration is $85 each player. Team of four golfers $340. Includes entry fees, cart, continental breakfast, and lunch for each player. Credit card payments can be made by calling CJC at 801-451-3560. The CJC is a 501(c)3 charity, EIN 84-1428168. Barbara Patterson, 801-698-0779 or 801-825-5450, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bethsaida Chapter O.E.S. yard sale, from 8 to 11 a.m.. at the Bountiful Masonic Temple, 143 W. 1000 North, Bountiful. Proceeds benefit the charities supported by the group - Alzheimers, Scottish Rite Learning Center, Cancer, Shrine Hospital Transportation Fund.
• Fifth annual Kaysville Arts and Music in the Park, will spotlight local talent in both art and music as well as a quilt show. Heritage Park, 250 N. Fairfield Road, Kaysville, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., food, art and artisan vendors; 5 p.m., Grassroots Shakespeare “As You Like It.” 6:15 p.m. Bowman’s “Imagination At Play” visual arts contest winners announced; 6:30 p.m., Firefly; 7:30 p.m., Nathan Osmond will perform. “Frozen” will be shown at dusk. kaysvillecommunityevents.com.
• Join Golden Spike National Historic Site staff in an eight-mile Ranger-guided bike tour along the historic Central Pacific Grade. 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Participation limited to 25 individuals per tour. 435-471-2209, ext. 29.
• The South Davis Chapter of AARP will meet at 12:30 p.m. at the Golden Years Center, 726 W. 100 East, Bountiful. Dale Yates, Chapter President, will perform some of his favorite music from the theater, etc. Membership in AARP is not required as this group is merely a social, not political organization for seniors.
• All kids ages 3-11 are invited to The Bridge Community’s Free Summer Bible Adventure in Centerville, 6 to 8:30 p.m. This summer, kids will take a Wild West journey through the parables of Jesus. Each day will be filled with crafts, games, Bible stories, themed snacks, songs and more. Participating families are invited to the chuck wagon dinner, Saturday, June 28. Register today at thebridgeutah.org.
• Bountiful High School Class of 2004 10 Year Reunion 6 to 9:30 p.m., adults only (infants welcome) at the Stuart Residence, 79 S. Moss Hill Drive, Bountiful. Catered dinner, live music, and more! Tickets $25 each -- visit http://bountifulhigh2004.blogspot.com/ or email email@example.com. for ticket info.
• Feed the Birds and More invite you to Hawk Watach International, 9 a.m., 197 S. 500 West, Bountiful. Seating is limited. Free. 801-683-8361. www.feedthebirdsandmore.com.
• Family First Monday Event, sponsored by Macaroni Kid, a non-profit dedicated to delivering the latest on all the family-friendly events and activities in Davis County. Whoopee A Water Party is the theme for the event, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Farmington Station Park, 320 N. Station Parkway, Farmington.shopatstationpark.com/play. 801-923-9111.
June 12, 13, 14
• Savior of the World Production, June 12 and 13 at 7 p.m. June 14 at 1 and 7 p.m. Bountiful Regional Center. No tickets required. Please bring small children to Saturday matinee.
• TimeRiver, a country/folk band, will perform at the West Bountiful City Hall, 550 N. 800 West, 7 p.m. Free
• Free Concert in the Park, 7:30 p.m. Geslison Family Band, bluegrass band, will perform. Brigham Young Historic Park, State Street and 2nd Avenue, Salt Lake City.
• Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand, Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, 8 p.m. For tickets visit davisarts.org. or call 801-546-8575
• Temple Square Concert Series, 7:30 p.m. in the Assembly Hall. Saltaires Show Chorus will perform. Performances are free and open to ages 8 and older.
• Sunday Concert Series, featuring Synkofa, 7 p.m., Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park. Free. Synkofa transports listeners to the misty Irish Highlands, the hot jazz clubs of ’50s Paris, and other exotic times and places.
• Free Concert in the Park, 7:30 p.m. Shilaylee will perform Celtic and old American and English tunes. Brigham Young Historic Park, State Street and 2nd Avenue, Salt Lake City.
• Bountiful’s Got Talent, 7 p.m. Bountiful City Park, 400 N. 200 West. Donations for the Bountiful Food Bank will be accepted.
• Three Dog Night, Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, 8 p.m. For tickets visit davisarts.org. or call 801-546-8575.
June 23-July 19
• “Children of Eden,” CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
• Free lunch and financial workshop, 11:30 a.m., Robintinos, 1385 S. 500 West, Bountiful. Seating limited call 801-298-3241 for reservations. Heritage Place Blue Harbor Senior Living.
1st and 3rd Wednesday
• The Davis County chapter, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) meets first and third Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. at Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main, Bountiful. Call Fran Wilby, 801-631-1275 or Jerry King, 801-451-5325.
Summer Art Classes
• Bountiful/Davis Art Center will host more than 20 different children’s summer workshops. Classes range from watercolor, to graffiti/street art to contemporary dance. Monday-Friday, two hours a day. Sign your children up for an art adventure today. More information can be found at bdac.org/?page_id=830
• Bountiful/Davis Art Center is offering a wide range of classes for adults. . There are many other unique classes each running for four weeks at $65 per class. To sign up, contact BDAC at 801.451.3660 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Class schedule at: www.bdac.org.
• The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets at 7:30 a.m. at Country Inn and Suites, 999 N. 500 West, West Bountiful. Visitors welcome.
• The Davis County Amateur Radio Club meets the second Saturday of the month at the Davis County Sheriff’s office at 10 a.m. website is dcarc.net.