Aug. 21, 28, Sept. 4, 11
• Farmers Market, 875 S. 50 West, Kaysville, 5 to 8 p.m.
• Layton High School - Class of 1974 – 40th reunion
Friday August 22
6 p.m.: Golf at Swan Lakes. 9 holes with dinner $16. For dinner only the cost is $8. You are also welcome to come and visit at no cost, dress casually.
Saturday August 23
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Open house at Layton High School. Visiting, tour and light refreshments. $5 per person
6:30 to 9:30 p.m.: Luau dinner and fun at the Florentine Gardens, 2621 Oakhills Drive, Layton. $35 per person. Hawaiian or casual dress. Register on-line at: laytonlancers1974.com. Roz @ 801-721-2361
• Join the Utah Department of Human Services, Division of Services for People with Disabilities (DSPD) for the annual public input meeting of the Disabilities Advisory Council. The public is invited to give input. 3 to 4 p.m. at the Multi-Agency State Office Building conference room 1020C, 195 N. 1950 West SLC. A call-in option is available by dialing 1-877-820-7831, participant code: 396008. Please email Ryan Carrier (email@example.com) to reserve a speaking spot today!
• Senator Todd Weiler Talks Hot Topics: Legislative Plans Affecting Current Davis County Issues, 7 p.m., South Branch Library, 725 S. Main, Bountiful. Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Davis County.
Through Aug. 29
• Bountiful/Davis Art Center presents: Nothing Flat, Bountiful/Davis Art Center located at 28 E. State Street, South Door, 2nd Floor, Farmington. 801-451-3660 or visit us online at bdac.org.
• Cold Cones and Cool Cars, Heritage Park, 250 Fairfield Road, Kaysville, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Gates open at 9 a.m.). Come check out the beautiful vintage vehicles at Kaysville’s 11th annual fall cruise-in. Enjoy live music from Shane Martin (Elvis) and his band “The Midnight Special,” with a wide variety of music for everyone to enjoy, plus ice cream from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Family First Monday Event sponsored by Macaroni Kid. Box Troll Blast is the theme for the event, 5:30–7:30 p.m., Farmington Station Park, 320 N. Station Parkway, Farmington. shopatstationpark.com/play. 801-923-9111.
• NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) of Davis County is sponsoring their NAMI Walk and annual fundraiser. Liberty Park, 1300 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, 9 a.m. To register please go to http://namiwalks.nami.org/namidaviscounty or call Cristy Pack at 801-870-3979
• Storytelling at the Centerville Whitaker Museum features Andy Bavelas, “An 1860 Centerville Farmhouse,” 168 N. Main, Centerville, Margot, 801-797-9916.
• Cruise Night, Station Park, 320 N. Station Parkway, Farmington, 5:30–8:30 p.m.
• Syracuse City Farmer’s Market, Wednesdays, 5 to 9 p.m., Centennial Park, 1891 W. 1700 South. Produce, eggs, meat, bread, crafts, jewelry, art and music.
• Woods Cross Arts in the Park Concert features Andy Leger with special guest Jake Larabee. Andy will do some incredible covers of Billy Joel, Elton John, and other iconic piano men. 7 p.m. Free. Woods Cross City Mountain View Park, visible from Legacy Highway at the 500 South exit in Woods Cross. Picnic dinners are welcome.
• Thompson Square will perform at 8 p.m. at the Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, presented by the Davis Arts Council, 801-546-8575, davisarts.org.
• Bountiful Concert in the Park features Echo Band, classic rock and country, 7 p.m., 400 N. 200 West, Bountiful. Please bring a donation for the Bountiful Food Pantry.
• Free Concert in the Park, 7:30 p.m. Voice Male, crowd favorite and popular a cappella group, will perform. Brigham Young Historic Park, State Street and 2nd Avenue, Salt Lake City.
• Sunday Concert Series, 7 p.m., Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park. Free. Code Blue Revival Band, performing classic music of the ‘60’s and ‘70’s will perform.
• Free Concert in the Park, 7:30 p.m. One Voice Children’s Choir will perform. Brigham Young Historic Park, State Street and 2nd Avenue, Salt Lake City.
• Free Concert in the Park, 7:30 p.m. Miles To Go, foot-stomping popular bluegrass band, will perform. Brigham Young Historic Park, State Street and 2nd Avenue, Salt Lake City.
• Sunday Concert Series, 7 p.m., Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park. Free. Ogden Concert Band will perform classic Sousa marches, movie theme songs, patriotic songs, and traditional Sunday-in-the-Park favorites.
• A Tribute to Patsy Cline Starring Erica Hansen will perform at 8 p.m. at the Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, presented by the Davis Arts Council, 801-546-8575, davisarts.org.
• Blood Sweat and Tears featuring Bo Bice will perform at 8 p.m. at the Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, presented by the Davis Arts Council, 801-546-8575, davisarts.org.
Aug. 11-Sept. 6
• “Peter Pan,” CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
• Revive your Container Gardens. Call Cortney at 801-710-9038 to sign up. Classes held at the new Hills Farm Community, Kaysville.
First /Third Wednesday
• The Davis County chapter, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) meets first and third Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. at Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main, Bountiful. Call Fran Wilby, 801-631-1275 or Jerry King, 801-451-5325.
• The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets at 7:30 a.m. at Country Inn and Suites, 999 N. 500 West, West Bountiful. Visitors welcome.