This recipe is great for Super Bowl, tailgating and game night. It practically makes itself, and is also tasty when made with chicken legs and thighs.
3 lb chicken wings
1 cup bbq sauce
1 jar (18 oz) apricot preserves
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbl minced onion
1. Start out by pre-baking the wings on a cookie sheet in the oven about 10 minutes. 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Then place the wings in your slowcooker.
2. In a bowl mix the preserves, bbq sauce, hot sauce and spices. Pour over the wings.
3. Cover the slowcooker and cook for approximately 5 hours. Can serve directly from the slowcooker or transfer to a serving platter.
Also great to do with chicken thighs or breasts as a main dish,
served with rice.
Suggestions: Try adding 2 tbl soy sauce to the mixture for an Asian flair. Or substitute the bbq sauce for salsa, giving it a Mexican flair.
Apricot BBQ Chicken Wings video: CLICK HERE
• Pinterest pinterest.com/oldtownspices
• Facebook facebook.com/oldtownspices
• YouTube www.youtube.com/oldtownspice (Watch Carol prepare her recipes)